Rights Education And Development Centre (READ) is a registered Non-Government organisation established in the year 2001 with the objective of creating a society where every person has the Right to Life and Dignity. To bring sustainable change to the most marginalized communities in Tamil Nadu.
By working at a community level, District Government authorities, State and we ensure children have quality education and child protection through our Child Activity Centers. Women are organized into federations to address gender-based violence and bring decent working conditions in the Textile supply chain, particularly spinning and garment, with engagement with Government, Brands, and Textile suppliers.
Also, READ has a study on interstate migrants to the Textile supply chain. READ is working for the rights of interstate migrants and end Trafficking and bonded labor.
We strive to address the socioeconomic and cultural challenges of children, youth, and women of the most marginalized communities so that they have better education, awareness, livelihood opportunities, freedom from exploitative working conditions and forced labour, and lead a better-quality life.
To bring sustainable changes among the most marginalized communities in Erode District, Tamil Nadu, South India.
To provide awareness within the community about social rights and the importance of education.
- Ensure Quality Education for Children of most marginalized communities.
- Completely eradicate Child Labour, Bonded Labour, and Labour trafficking system.
- Ensure interstate migrant’s rights and entitlements
- Empower and Build the Capacity of most marginalized communities Women and address gender-based violence in the Textile supply chain
- Empower, Educate, Build Capacities and Create Opportunities for youth.